Upcoming Symposium for UA Faculty:
I GOT MY AWARD…NOW WHAT?!
Post'Award Management for Principal Investigators
January 31, 2018, 4:00-5:00 PM
UA College of Medicine, Room 5403
This event is part of the 2018 Southern Arizona Biomedical Research Symposia series.
Unable to attend in person? Stream the discussion here: http://bit.ly/2FfBsgv
Please download, post and share the flyer for this event here: sabrs_postaward-mgmt-for-pis_01-31-2018_flyer.pdf
As a Principal Investigator, managing your award requires more than just overseeing the research. You also play a critical role in managing the expenditure of funds and keeping up with progress reports. This panel discussion will provide you with an overview of how postaward management works at the University of Arizona from the moment you receive the award notice. We’ll address your specific responsibilities as a PI, and highlight the various roles that departmental, college, and central administrative staff play to aid in managing your award. Additional topics include:
- How to manage your award efficiently so you have more time for the research
- How to stay on top of expenditure reviews
- How to keep up with progress reports and maintain communication with your sponsor
- How to appropriately delegate tasks to your research administrator(s)
- Dr. Sairam Parthasarathy, Professor of Medicine; Interim Chair, UA Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine; director, UAHS Center for Sleep & Circadian Sciences and Center for Sleep Disorders, Banner – University Medical Center Tucson
- Danielle Gartner, Senior Research Admininistrator, UA Health Sciences
- Meg Zimlich Martin, PostAward Manager, Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services
- Gregory Davis, Asisstant Division Manager, College of Medicine
Questions? Contact RDI-Training@email.arizona.edu or call 520-621-0598.
UA Research, Discovery & Innovation
Arizona Biomedical Research Centre
University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson, Room 5403
1501 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85724