Requirements for Admission
Applicants must possess a Bachelors degree. It is required that applicants have recent academic training in chemistry through organic and biochemistry, biology through anatomy and physiology, physics and mathematics through calculus. Some clinical and/or research experience is recommended.
Four students are normally admitted to begin the program during the summer (June 1) of their first year.
To apply to our program the following are required:
- On-Line Graduate application for admission, accompanied by the appropriate application fee ($75): Select the Summer term of the year you are interested in enrolling.
- BS or BA degree with at GPA > 3.2.
- Prerequisites undergraduate coursework: biochemistry, organic chemistry, math (calculus), anatomy, upper level biology and physiology, and physics.
- Clinical observation(s) of open heart surgery while shadowing clinical perfusionists.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work sent to the program director at the address below.
- Results of the General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) sent to Dept Code 0216; Institutional Code 4832.
- Three letters of recommendation (e.g. science professors, lab mentors, employers and supervisors in academically relevant jobs, etc.).
- A statement from you explaining what you have learned about profession and both why you wish to be a perfusionist as well as why you wish to receive graduate-level training in Perfusion Sciences.
Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis starting June 1st, 12 months prior to enrollment in the program.
Deadline for Applications: March 1 of the enrollment year
CONTACT for Questions:
Vickie Healey, Program Coordinator
Perfusion Sciences Graduate Program P.O. Box 245050
1501 N. Campbell Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85724
(520) 626 - 7218
Raymond Wong, PhD, CCP
Director, Perfusion Sciences Graduate Program